“There is no difference between living and learning… it is impossible and misleading and harmful to think of them as being separate.” ~ John Holt


Thursday, May 17, 2012

D for Dependability


For some reason I thought I had the letter D this week, so my theme was dependability. We started out class with the normal opening exercises, then listened to an audio book on dependability.

We danced to the songs in the book, and the kids all practiced saying "dependable."

Since it's the end of the year, we are doing some items for a memory book. Today we made a family portrait with watercolors, and completed an information list (below photos.) I took photos of the children's profiles to create sillouhettes from. I may post the completed project later on.

There wasn't any drama today. Today was my last day teaching for the year, and it was very enjoyable. Another excellent year of joy school, teaching alongside some excellent women, and wonderful children. So grateful for the opportunity I had to do this. Thank you!

We had snacktime.

Each child made a watercolor of their family standing outside their home.




Finished products.

Playtime.




1 comment:

  1. Natalie...I LOVE THIS POST!!! How fun to see the watercolor pictures! Mason told me all about it today. :) And their comments about their favorite things! SO fun to read! Thanks for being such a great teacher!!

    ReplyDelete