“There is no difference between living and learning… it is impossible and misleading and harmful to think of them as being separate.” ~ John Holt


Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wheels and Tires

Today we started off with the normal stuff....welcome song, talked about the weather, sharing time, etc.  Then we talked about the letter "D".  I asked who knew what a wheel was and no one raised their hand.  I don't really believe that no one knew but I explained what they are and by the end of the lesson, when I asked the question again, everyone knew what they were and where they could find them.  :)

After talking about wheels and tires, I read three books and they loved them except for the Thomas the Tank one.  Even I got totally bored during this one so I just stopped reading it.  Haha!  Then we had a snack of Nilla Wafers and carrot sticks.  Everyone gave me a good thumbs up sign at snack time.  :)  

After snacks we played a fun game where they held plates pretending they were steering wheels and I'd hold up either a green circle or red circle so they'd have to either pretend to drive or stop.  They loved it! (Despite their faces in that picture-haha).  I asked each one where they were going, what kind of car they were driving and how many wheels it had.  Here are their cute answers:

Mason:  Driving a shamu car to Sea World and his car had 69 wheels.
London:  Driving a barbie car to Sea World also and her car had 63 wheels.
Ethan:  Driving a police car to the airport and his car had 3 wheels.

So funny-I love hearing their answers! 

Then they wanted to play the real red light/green light game of course.  We colored some pictures of wheels and then had play time.  We missed Lucy and Matthew today!














1 comment:

  1. What an adorable lesson. I liked hearing their answers also. So cute.

    ReplyDelete