“There is no difference between living and learning… it is impossible and misleading and harmful to think of them as being separate.” ~ John Holt


Thursday, May 10, 2012

Mothers Day


So we started off with our welcome song, sharing time, and reviewed the letter "D".  Then talked about the holiday coming up-Mothers Day.  We got out my handy dandy Cricut and each child chose the paper they wanted to use for their Mothers Day heart bag.  They were fascinated with the machine and each got a turn pressing the buttons. 

Then they decorated the bags for their moms.  While they were decorating, I asked each one what they loved about their mom.  Here are their answers:

Ethan:  I love when my mom takes me to the airport.
London:  I love that my mom goes to the store and buys stuff for me and my family.
Mason:  I love when she gives big hugs.

Cute kids.  :)

After decorating, we had Pat and Oscars breadsticks for a snack.  These were a hit!

Then we got out the craft paint and headed into the bathroom where I painted each child's hand and foot and made handprints and footprints on paper.  They loved this!  Surprisingly, it went well and everything stayed clean.  :)  Then some free play time of course before the parents came.












1 comment:

  1. These photos are so great! I especially love the colors you chose for the paints. Looks like they had an awesome time today. Thanks Erin :)

    ReplyDelete